The American Waterways Operators: The Value of Membership
AWO welcomes new members. Please find information below about the value of joining AWO. Click on the categories on the left to learn about specific benefits for each type of membership.
- Defending the Jones Act – Safeguarding American Jobs and Your Investment
Setting the Standard for Safety and Environmental Stewardship with Unique Programs and Resources for AWO Members
- AWO Responsible Carrier Program –Industry-leading safety management system that the U.S. Coast Guard has committed to accept as a Towing Safety Management System under Subchapter M
- AWO Alternative Security Program – U.S. Coast Guard-approved security plan to facilitate compliance with Maritime Transportation Security Act requirements
- AWO Safety Statistics Reporting Program – A confidential, web-based system that allows you to benchmark your company against others in your sector and the industry as a whole
- U.S. Coast Guard-AWO Safety Partnership – First-of-its kind partnership that brings AWO members and Coast Guard officials together in cooperative initiatives to improve safety and environmental stewardship
- Alternative Planning Criterion – A Coast Guard-approved program that offers a streamlined approach to compliance with emergency towing requirements for tank and non-tank vessels
National and Regional Advocacy on the Issues That Matter to You
- Your voice with Congress, the federal agencies and the states
- Well-respected and highly effective advocacy on industry priorities
- Educating lawmakers through grassroots advocacy and tugboat/towboat tours
- Abundant Educational Opportunities and Resources
- A Rich Array of Networking Opportunities to Build Relationships with Industry Leaders Nationwide
If you have questions, please contact Anne Fazzini, Coordinator-Membership & Meetings via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (703) 841-9300.