Please see below for key studies and white papers on the importance of the domestic maritime industry to the nation.
- Puerto Rico: Characteristics of the Island’s Maritime Trade and Potential Effects of Modifying the Jones Act
- The Contributions of the Jones Act to U.S. Security
- The Jones Act: Still Important to U.S. National Security
- Venerable Jones Act Provides an Important Barrier to Terrorists Infiltration of the Homeland
- The Vessel Incidental Discharge Act
- An Unworkable Regulatory System for Ballast Water and Other Discharges
Reliability of Navigation